Kevin has passed me the book torch. I have to agree with him it is an embarassing torch to have passed to you. Especially if one doesn't like to read books. I don't mind reading magazines and newspapers but, I don't like committing to 200+ page book.
Number of books on shelf?
180+ Mostly illustration reference books. It was considerably more until I unloaded a bunch at a local used bookstore. I considered ebay but that would have been a lot of effort for little pay off. At least the used bookstore gave me cash right away.
Last book purchased:
"Rebel Without a Crew (or How a 23-Year-Old Filmaker with $7000 Became a Hollywood Player" - by Robert Rodriguez (director of El Mariachi, Once Upon a Time in Mexico and all those Spy Kids movies). I absolutely devoured that book. Unbelievable story. His chapter entitled "10 Minute Film School" is worth the price of the book alone.
Book I’m reading right now?
“The Language of Letting Go” – Melody Beattie
Last five books read?
(I'm changing this category to Last Five Books Read or Tried to Read? If it was Last Books Read I'd have to list books from my English Literature class from high school. Pathetic, I know).
1. “Rebel without a Crew” – Robert Rodriguez
2. “Pure Drivel” – Steve Martin (the comedian)
3. “The Pleasure of My Company” – Steve Martin (the comedian)
4. “Perfect Storm” – Sebastian Junger (The book the movie was based on)
5. “A Walk in the Woods” – Bill Bryson (Hilarious book about trying to hike the Appalachan Trail)
There you have it. Now don't judge too harshly.